Listen, a good planet is hard to find. Especially one with an ocean as spectacular as ours. On April 22, we celebrate planet Earth with its own special day — Earth Day — and we march! Need some motivation to start brainstorming your March for Science sign ideas?
According to NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, scientists are 95 percent certain that 2016 was the third year in a row to set a new record for global average surface temperatures.
This means that our oceans are getting warmer, so it's extremely important to learn as much as we can about them and the processes that create our global climate. More than ever, we need science!
If you're planning to join the march, now's the time to start thinking about how cool you want to look with your sign. So we've come up with a few March for Science sign ideas to get you started:
1. You can be straightforward about it.
Photo Credit: Flickr, Joe Brusky
2. You can print out your sign from a template, or use your own images.
3. You can make a construction-paper collage on a stick ...
4. ... or just grab a Sharpie and a piece of cardboard from your recycling bin.
Photo Credit: Patricia Vollmer, Geekdad.com
5-10. You can be nerdy ...
11-15. ... or you can express your passion.
16-17. You can be adorable ...
18. ... or corny.
19. You can complain ...
20-21. ... or you can let it all hang out.
22. Need simple yet sassy March for Science sign ideas? Try playing defense for your favorite ocean destination ...
23. ... remind everyone at of your favorite sea creature,
24. ... or just let your demands be known.
25. But whatever you do, March for Science organizers are asking you to stand up for science and for our oceans!
26. Because science is real.
And because this really cute baby otter ...
27. ... needs your science, not silence.
28. So let us now paws — I mean, pause — to make signs for science.
29. Ask yourself what do kids want these days?
30. Help us protect the data that protects us.
31. Remind our government that ice has no agenda ...
32. And climate change puts all of us at risk.
33. There unfortunately is no backup plan once we've used up Earth's resources.
34. And denial isn't going to do us any good.
35. You know what's done us a lot of good? Science.
36. So when developing your kickass March for Science sign ideas, think crafty.
37. Think blunt.
38. And get energized.
39. Because science saves.
40. And the very thing we march on depends on us.
41. It's common sense, really.
Photo Credit: Imgur